Tuesday 4 November 2014

Spyder: Script Sample

The following is an example (two pages) from a script for the Spyder TV series. The example is taken from the episode 'Sabotage', which features a classic example of Spyder driving Colonel Long Legs mad.



"Sabotage" - Episode Synopsis:
Spyder is due to receive a promotion (and a big shiny medal) from Chief Cidae and Colonel Long Legs will do anything to stop it happening. Long Legs sabotages the interview and causes difficulty with Spyder’s current case. He is determined to prove Aaron Eae is a much worthier agent for the promotion, but Long Legs inadvertently helps Spyder solve his case and Spyder receives his promotion – the Service’s top UK agent.
--



INT. SPYDER HEADQUARTERS

Colonel Long Legs is sitting behind his 'desk', with Spyder and Aaron Eae facing him. Chief Cidae appears unexpectedly.


CHIEF CIDAE
Good morning, Colonel.


COLONEL LONG LEGS
(gasps)
Chief Cidae, Sir!

Colonel Long Legs and Aaron Eae both turn to face the Chief, saluting him. Spyder also turns and salutes him with the wrong hand. He quickly changes sides.


CHIEF CIDAE
I've seen some outstanding work coming from this base lately, and I'm here today to give you the good news. One of your agents has been chosen for the 'Agent of the Year' award at this year's ceremony.


COLONEL LONG LEGS
(chuckles)
Well, I have to say I'm hardly surprised, Sir! Our records do show we've had the highest success rate out of all the Spyder Service's offices. I mean, this is a tremendous honour of course-


CHIEF CIDAE
Yes, whatever. Thank you, Long Legs. May I have a word with your very finest agent?


COLONEL LONG LEGS
Oh, err, yes Sir! Absolutely! Go on, Aaron! Show 'em what you're made of!


SPYDER
Silk?


COLONEL LONG LEGS
Shut up, 008!


CHIEF CIDAE
Long Legs! I would appreciate it if you didn't talk to the Spyder Service's very best agent like that!


COLONEL LONG LEGS
Oh, yes, of course. Sorry, Sir... wait, what!!??


AARON EAE
What!!??


SPYDER
Yeah, don't talk to Aaron like that, you Meany!


CHIEF CIDAE
Agent 008 is the agent I wish to give the 'Agent of the Year' award to. I trust none of us have any objections?


COLONEL LONG LEGS
(through teeth)
None whatsoever, Sir...


CHIEF CIDAE
Excellent! Well, that's that, then! Spyder, congratulations! You are a credit to the service!


SPYDER
Oh, well, thank you very much, Sir!


COLONEL LONG LEGS
Don't talk to him without permission!


CHIEF CIDAE
Silence, Long Legs!! I do believe you're forgetting your place!


COLONEL LONG LEGS
Well, I am the Colonel.


CHIEF CIDAE
Silence!! (clears throat) Anyway, well done, 008. I shall expect to see you all at this Friday's ceremony! Good day!


Chief Cidae leaves, leaving Spyder awestruck and Colonel Long Legs and Aaron Eae in absolute shock.


SPYDER
I'm... getting... an award!? Yippee!! I'm getting an award, I'm getting an award, I'm getting an award!!


AARON EAE
But... I've had a higher success rate than that loser! How could he possibly have been chosen for the award!? I put all my time and effort into doing some good for this organisation-!


COLONEL LONG LEGS
Calm down! The ceremony's on Friday! That's enough time to make Chief Cidae change his mind! Come on, Aaron, my lad! I have a plan!
----

No comments:

Post a Comment