Wednesday 22 April 2015

Gopher Golf: Blowing up the Mansion



Today I completed the first final shot to be used in the film - ironically, the end shot! This was easy to put together once I had all the 2D and 3D elements ready - all the various layers were combined in Adobe Premiere. I had more time to experiment with the chroma key effects, following on from my first attempt, so I was able to improve it a lot this time.

The fire and smoke effects were free CGI effects I downloaded. I'm interested in filming an explosion against a green/blue screen myself, but I may not be able to due to time constraints. I'm pleased with the end result of this footage all the same though.


These drawings were a test to see what the explosion would look like in my own, hand-drawn 2D style. However, the real fire effects are more unexpected so they make the comedy a lot stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment